Author Topic: Colour code  (Read 2375 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Colour code
« on: December 05, 2017, 16:49:12 »
Does anyone know the colour code for the AC Dark Grey. I have a tin that the paint has gone hard, it is Belco with some numbers that are hard to read and  appear to be P030-K246 or K1246 or KK46, it also states Spectrum Grey, AC Dark Grey.

Any ideas?

Cheers
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

PPJ834

• View Profile
Colour code
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 15:17:34 »
Hi Gary. I've sent you an email and a couple of pictures. Tony

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Colour code
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:07 »
Tony cheers.  The car looks fantastic. I've got the same brochure and I know the main body is national grey.

I have since found out that the colour on the wings was not an AC colour but just one the original owner picked from the Belco Spectrum range to compliment the rest of the car.

I have tried all sorts of paint suppliers to see if there is a cross reference system to the old Belco colours (they went out of business in the 70's) so off to my local paint suppliers in Hastings to see if they can colour match it.

My own fault really as I caught the front wings with the engine when moving it around the bay on the crane, now need to touch in the marks/small dents. Still it might make consider a different colour for the front and rear wings later in the year when its warmer, maybe a slightly greener dark grey, who knows.

Thanks again

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.