Author Topic: Psychedelic period pics of COB6107  (Read 21207 times)

SJ351

• View Profile
Psychedelic period pics of COB6107
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 22:53:16 »
I came across this car up in the AC Heritage archives after LeMans Classic 2012. There was quite a bit if information and previously unpublished photographs. I love the extra psychedelic twist to it - very 'period'. There was some stuff about a trip to the US but I cannot remember all the details.
   Steve Gray tolerates me rifling though his huge array of AC factory information from all periods every few months, much of which he saved from the skip when the Brooklands factory closed. He keeps the really good stuff in the original AC Thames Ditton factory safe. It is certainly a privilege to be able to lay your hands on just about anything AC you can think of. My idea of heaven.

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:48 »
6107 did indeed rock up in the States which accounted for a sudden increase in its mileage. More info and, hopefully, Photographic Evidence to follow.

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 11:56:52 »
Funny ! I assume it's 6107 that is on this prepaid phone card, on ebay :

edit : but no hood scoop [:I] ...

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 14:50:01 »
Close but no cigar - it's 6109, still in the hands of its original owner. And depite the bad colour reproduction, it's dark blue! The front nudge bar gives it away - AC had run out of bumpers so fitted an old (MkI/II - delete as preferred) version as a 'temporary' fix....

French Frie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 15:29:32 »
thanks, Trevor !

Cobra Ned

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 17:03:28 »
Having looked at newspaper reviews of the car in New York, which were saved by Vaughn's mum and discovered by Trevor, it is now clear the AC did, indeed, make the trip to the USA. I would love to locate more period photos and articles, and maybe put a date on this occurrence.

Cobra Ned

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 21:38:58 »
Check that - it was Dudley Edwards' mum that saved the pictures, not Vaughan's.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 22:26:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by SJ351

I came across this car up in the AC Heritage archives after LeMans Classic 2012. There was quite a bit if information and previously unpublished photographs. I love the extra psychedelic twist to it - very 'period'. There was some stuff about a trip to the US but I cannot remember all the details.
   Steve Gray tolerates me rifling though his huge array of AC factory information from all periods every few months, much of which he saved from the skip when the Brooklands factory closed. He keeps the really good stuff in the original AC Thames Ditton factory safe. It is certainly a privilege to be able to lay your hands on just about anything AC you can think of. My idea of heaven.

I have seen Steves unpublished photos of this car , the one with the car painted in the psychedelic colours at the AC Factory with all the invalid carriages in the background is great !

SunDude

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2014, 23:09:53 »
Check out this short YouTube video which shows COB6107 in its full psychedelic regalia courtesy of BEV Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaAKRnS7GE

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2014, 00:12:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by SunDude

Check out this short YouTube video which shows COB6107 in its full psychedelic regalia courtesy of BEV Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaAKRnS7GE

A Nice Find.