Author Topic: 75th Annivesary 2 Litre Saloon  (Read 2552 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
75th Annivesary 2 Litre Saloon
« on: October 19, 2022, 09:36:20 »
Hi all

Yes, I know our cars are not Ace's or Cobra's etc etc. but would it not have been nice for the club to acknowledge the 75th anniversary of the production of the 2-litre saloon.

I know the club is a bit Ace/Cobra centric,(Well maybe a lot), but share a little light on the Saloons, after all if it had not been made post war then maybe the Ace/Cobra et al may never have existed.

So come on 2-litre owners stick a post on here with a pic of your car for the 75th year. It does not matter if it is battered and tattered or pristine, it's 75 years old!!!!!!!!!

Here's mine

Cheers

Gary

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 09:41:14 by GSouthee »
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Re: 75th Annivesary 2 Litre Saloon
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 11:24:15 »
The Club Did Not even acknowledge the centenary of the Weller Engine to my knowledge , But i did by producing a special bronze plaque to attach to my new engines!
Robin

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 17:00:44 »
Sorry Gentlemen 'The Club' has no entity of itself - we The Members are the club. Accordingly I applaud your pointing out of these anniversaries, but if you had done it ahead of the date then perhaps they could have been marked in a satisfactory fashion - at the very least a note or an article in ACtion would have been great. Not too late though, if you think your A.C. is under represented get writing: I look forward to pages of interest appearing in ACtion authored by your good selves on that brilliant A.C. the 2 Litre Saloon and its wonderful Weller engine
Barrie

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 19:14:03 »
Barrie

I am sure the 'Commitee' would need no prompting if it was the Ace/Cobra with an anniversary.

I cannot envisage me doing a write up for Action, I prefer the Forum medium. It is now, it is current, it is bite size.

My point is 75years is a pretty remarkable milestone, that has not been picked up on.

Still, I've tried.

Let's see if any other 2 litre owners come forward and share images of their cars.

Gary

My car my rules.

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 22:17:57 »
Well done for bringing it to our attention. I have never been good with dates and need reminding about that sort of thing.
Well done as well for updating yours and letting us see it stage by stage. I think it looks really good.
As for forum or Action, both formats are needed to cover all tastes. It’s a shame some miss out by not seeing and submitting to both.
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 09:29:26 »
As stated by Barrie Bird, The AC Owners Club is a Car Club run by AC enthusiasts on a voluntary basis, Each model is represented by their respective Owner / Custodian.   The content of ACtion, The Forum and Calander are created by it's Members for other members, The Ace & Cobra fraternity voice their pride and passion for the AC marque and respective model, unfortunately the same is not reciprocated by all.
Terry would really appreciate new material for future issues of ACtion, Technical queries are usually answered promptly via the Forum.  The two go Hand in Hand. and are the main source of communication Worl Wide.
With regards celebrations of various Models and Events  e.g National day, Internationals, and Le Mans Classic, We the ACOC require volunteers to step forward with suggestions and offers of support to run such events.

Any Car Club is only as Good and Representative of it's members as their members contribution, without the hard core in any Club...   ..     The Club would Fold.   
PLEASE READ next issue and previous issues of ACtion,  There are positions vacant requesting new Blood to take on / over various tasks in order to maintain the Future of The AC Owners Club, Which is one of the Best, if not the Best Car Club for Camaraderie and Technical Support, irrespective of which model of AC they own.
If you want something Done ..  ..   One has to ask those who are always Busy and Productive, or Volunteer and do it yourself.

Keith

« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 09:39:00 by AC Ace Bristol »

PPJ834

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 10:27:58 »
Well said Gary. Here's my contribution to the anniversary. Tony

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 17:35:14 »
Hi Tony very nice.

Anymore owners out there, come on stick a pic on.

Gary

My car my rules.

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 18:31:18 »
Keith

I do agree to a point.

I have indeed in the past offered my help/assistance and participation in the role of Secretary.

For the last 2 Lemans I offered support/assistance to Andy, I admit I did not want to take on the whole role but could have taken some of the weight. Andy could not even be bothered to reply to my offer.

Again, as to the Secretary role I contacted Andy and sent a CV, Andy as good as suggested I was not suitable. So, I withdrew my offer.

Never again will I bother to apply to assist the club in this way.

However, I will be emailing David with an offer of assistance if the Club decide to go to Lemans classic next year. (Perhaps, my assistance will be taken up).

As to the Anniversary of the 2 Litre I am happy doing my bit on here. Perhaps the 2 Litre registrar should flag it to the committee, and maybe the committee could authorise getting a little badge made to commemorate it, (after all it does fund the ACOC club sprint for the elite! sometimes at a loss). I believe the registrar has all the details of members with 2 litres.

So, come on 2 Litre owners lets us voice pride in our cars. Get a pic on here.

Gary

My car my rules.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 19:38:11 »
Hi Gary,

Shoot me down if I'm wrong but I believe the first 2ltr was late 1946 so we've missed the boat !

More often than not celebrations of specific model anniversaries are instigated by the owners of, or registrar for, whichever model it may be. Although someway off the 80th anniversary of the 2Ltr model in 2026 would be a terrific thing to celebrate.

Anniversaries to consider next year are for both post war Ace models 1953 & 1993 - any others please shout.

Offer of assistance with Le Mans classic appreciated and responded to privately.

All the best,

David

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 21:20:35 »
Ah David I will get my Iranian drone ready ;D

Chassis L800 was a prototype with a drop head body in 1946.

Next actual saloon  prototype L801 January 1947.

2 Litre model launched March 2017 and first cars on the road around October 1947.

So, I suggest right on time ::)

I may not be around when then 2 Litre is 80. :)

Like I said in my earlier post Ace centric, surely the Ace would only be 70 years or 30 years. Oh we must celebrate the Ace.

Take care and keep your head down the drone is coming.

Gary
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 21:24:11 by GSouthee »

My car my rules.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 08:40:23 »
Thank you for the clarification on dates Gary.

I would still suggest that celebration of significant Anniversaries would, as a rule, be initiated by owners or the registrar.
In the past we have used our national day to focus attention on a specific model, obviously we have missed that for this year but how about next ?

David

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 10:00:33 »
David

Hi.

That is a bit like sorry we missed your birthday.

The National days are so formal, concours etc. The club needs to lighten up a bit. I will never attend a National.

As I said maybe a little badge/plaque cannot break the bank. Just need to get a count of members with 2 litres from the registrar. I am sure the club, which as mentioned numerous times are us the members, can stand the cost. Although it may take the committee several meetings to discuss such matters.

But maybe it would be a waste of time looking at the number of members coming forward with pics of their car on here, so far just myself and Tony.

So come 2 litre owners show some pride and send a pic.

Gary

My car my rules.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 11:38:51 »
You've shot me down again Gary, I'll keep quiet.

GSouthee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2022, 16:08:13 »
David

Nowt personal. ;)

Gary

My car my rules.