Author Topic: AP brakes on MK IV  (Read 2662 times)

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
AP brakes on MK IV
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:52:28 »
Hi,

who has AP brakes on his MK IV? Are they only mounted on the front axle and the rear is standard?

I asked because I cannot find a AP brake caliper with parking brake facility for the rear brake.

Peter

cobham cobra

• View Profile
AP brakes on MK IV
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 13:07:48 »
Hi Peter,
   I suggest you contact Bob Green at BG Developments http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/ They supply Alcon, AP Racing, Dunlop and Girling amongst others and I believe they were the original suppliers to AC for the brake components on the MkIV. I wouldn't have thought you would really need an upgrade to the rear brakes as they don't work nearly so hard as the fronts. BTW - a few years ago I had Thunder Road do some work with BG to produce an adjustable brake bias system for my  car.

Cheers - John.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
AP brakes on MK IV
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:11:31 »
Hi John,

it is not a concrete question, more some kind of mindgame. I was searching for alluminium brake calipers and saw that Wilwood has also rear brakes including mechanical parking brake facility. I never found this at AP. That's why I asked the AP brake MK IV owners.

Cheers, Peter

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
AP brakes on MK IV
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 21:36:46 »
Hi Peter, I'm not too sure about the mark 4's but the Superblowers used AP Racing calipers on the front. They are in the CP5200 family of calipers. The rears are Ford Cosworth calipers, parts numbers 67123  051/4 and 67123 052/4 (nearside and offside). They are for vented discs and have the handbrake mechanism as well.
   I have a brand new set of these rear calipers currently on eBay (UK) (Item No. 150501789372) for sale if you're interested. I have gone for a set of Shelby (Baer) brakes on my car and so have never fitted these calipers.
   Regards
   Gary